Item #: 1005 |
How do I Obtain the Highest Resolution Measurements Using the V Scale Span Mode on the DL850?
The V Scale SPAN mode on the DL850 can be used to adjust the upper and lower display limits of the zoom window. To optimize the V Scale SPAN mode to make the best resolution measurements, follow the procedures listed below.
- Press one of the CH1 to CH16 keys to select the source waveform
- Press the Next 1/2 soft button
- Press the V Scale soft button and select DIV
- Using the SCALE rotary knob, adjust the vertical scale to the most sensitive setting without clipping the waveform
- Press the V Scale soft button and select SPAN
- Use the Arrow Keys or Jog Shuttle and the SET key to set the Upper and Lower Limit
The ScopeCorder modules all have 20 divisions, and not the usual 10 division with standard oscilloscopes. There are actually 25 vertical divisions but we recommend you use only 20 divisions to stay within the specified accuracy for that module.
Note: Make sure to install or update the firmware to version 1.35 or later. Several improvements have been made which includes changes to the SPAN adjustment under any vertical menu/channel.
Please download the attached PowerPoint presentation for more information and detailed measurements regarding the ScopeCorder vertical resolution.