The AQ6331 is a portable optical spectrum analyzer (OSA) with the high performance required for 50 GHz and 100 GHz DWDM network testing. In both the C and L bands and beyond, wavelength rans is 1200 nm to 1700 nm. The AQ6331 is compact, yet has all the features required for DWDM system evaluation. Further, it has excellent wavelength resolution, with accuracy and dynamic range equal to that of any conventional bench-top OSA used in research and development applications.
The AQ6331 OSA is suitable both for the installation and maintenance of DWDM systems, FTTx or CWDM networks, and for research and development applications.
- Compact and lightweight - Approx. 315 (W) x 200 (H) x 225 (D) mm and only 10 kg., yet comes with a light source for wavelength calibration and a printer as standard features.
- High wavelength accuracy - Features ±0.02 nm wavelength accuracy at 1520 to 1580 nm and ±0.05 nm accuracy at 1580 to 1620 nm, using an internal light source to perform wavelength calibration.
- Internal wavelength calibration function - The built-in reference light source eliminates the need for an optical fiber connection to an external light source to perform wavelength calibration. Connection to the reference light source is done automatically by an internal optical switch.
- High dynamic range and high wavelength resolution - With dynamic range of 55 dB or more (peak plusmn;0.4 nm) and wavelength resolution of 0.05 nm (min.), 50 GHz channel-spaced DWDM systems can be measured.
- High power measurement - Optical amplifier output and high output laser diodes in DWDM systems can be measured directly because the measurement level can range up to +20 dBm.
- Low polarization dependency - Optical amplifier gain can be measured accurately because polarization dependency is as low as ±0.05 dB.
- Long-term analysis function - Changes to each DWDM channel peak can be measured over time.
- Convenient programming function - Shortens measurement time because measurement conditions and processes, etc., can be input to memory prior to measurement./li>
- Individual traces of three wave-forms - Individual traces of three waveforms can be displayed. Can also compare two waveforms - a reference waveform and a measurement result - to determine the difference between the each.
- Internal high-speed printer
DWDM Analysis Function
The AQ6331 can simultaneously measure up to 100 DWDM signal channels.
- Peak wavelength (WAVELENGTH) of each channel, peak power level (LEVEL)
- Offset wavelength to the reference channel peak (OFFSET WL), level difference (OFST LVL)
- Noise level (NOISE) of each channel, difference between peak level and noise level (SNR)
This function sweeps at selected intervals and stores the results of DWDM analysis (peak wavelength, peak level and SNR of each channel). This function enables long-term monitoring of changes within each WDM channel.
|DWDM system measurement with optical spectrum analyzer
|A wide range of operations are fully programmable including wavelength sweep width, resolution, analysis functions, print output, and data backup to floppy disk. This built-in function eliminates complicated installation and maintenance procedures, and enhances work efficiency.
Power Measurement Function
|Measures power within selected wavelength boundaries. Any measurement range can be freely set.
| Top View Left-side view Right-side view
- 8.4-inch color LCD
Displays all information such as measurement waveforms, measurement conditions, and measured data
- Soft keys
For selecting functions
- Common Function keys
- 3.5-inch floppy-disc drive
For backing up text or graphics files (BMP, TIFF)
- Copy key
For printing data using the built-in printer or an external printer
- Help key
Displays the functions of the function keys
- Optical input connectors
Compatible with a variety of connector types
RS-232C, GP-IB, keyboard, mouse, video, printer, and PCMCIA ports are provided
- Built-in printer
For quick output of screen images
- Power switch
||AQ6331 Optical Spectrum Analyzer
|Optical Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) Evaluation - AQ6331
||Optical Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) Evaluation
|Parameter Evaluations for LED, FP-LD and DFB-LD-AQ6331
||Parameter Evaluations for LED, FP-LD and DFB-LD
|Characteristic Evaluation of Optical Passive Devices - AQ6331
||Characteristic Evaluation of Optical Passive Devices