DESIGNING ENERGY-SAVING APPLIANCES
Energy used by office equipment and home appliances is one of the fastest growing sources of electricity consumption in the world. It currently accounts for several percent of total commercial sector electricity use. However, research shows that much of this energy is wasted because office equipment and home appliances sit idle for long periods throughout the day as well as overnight and weekends. To reduce power consumption on standby mode, new control technologies are being developed to perform and regulate intermittent power control.
PZ4000 is an ideal solution for the measurement of power and current from the intermittent control action. With the PZ4000, fluctuating waveform data can be captured over a long period, and you can set the averaging period for power measurement.
Performance required from power meter
- Monitoring control signals, input voltage, current waveform and power values to confirm the intermittent control action.
- Calculating power values in a given period based on waveform data.
- Setting measurement period (synchronized measurement using external trigger function).
- The PZ4000 performs the functions of three instruments. Waveform observation, value display and harmonic measurements are performed in one instrument, saving the user test and evaluation time, cost and space for many instruments. The measuring results are highly reliable because the numeric calculation is performed based on the waveform data.
- You can input signals without using isolated amplifiers or current sensors. This reduces error of such accessories.