Item #: 1064 |
How do I Save DL850 Dual Capture Files in CSV Format?
The DL850 can save measured waveform data to a file in Binary, ASCII, or Floating Point format. You can use the FILE Waveform
Save Menu or the SAVE MENU menu to set how files are saved.
To save using the SAVE MENU method:
- Press the SHIFT ⇒ SAVE keys
- Press the Waveform Save soft button and select ON
- Press the Waveform Save Setup soft button
- Navigate to Data Type and press SET
- Choose ASCII and press SET again to confirm settings
- Confirm appropriate File Path and File Name
- Press the ESC ⇒ SAVE keys to execute save
To save using the FILE Waveform Save method:
- Press the FILE key
- Press the Waveform(Save) soft button
- Press the Data Type soft button and select ASCII
- Press the Waveform Save Setup soft button and confirm file extension is CSV
- If Extension is not CSV, use the Arrow Keys and SET key and select csv
- Press the ESC key and return to the previous menu
- Enter the File List, File Name, Waveform Save Range configurations
- Press the Execute Save soft button
The extension for each Data Type is:
- Binary: *.WDF
- ASCII: *.CSV
- Floating Point: *.FLD
Note that in Dual Capture mode, waveforms saved in ASCII .CSV format are saved simultaneously into two files labeled *.CSV and *DC.CSV. The main waveform data is stored in the first file while the captured waveform data is saved in the second file, with DC added to the end of the file name.
Saving the waveform data in Binary .WDF and converting it to .CSV using Xviewer will not work, as doing so will only save the main waveform data. All other captured waveform data will be subsequently lost.