How do I Measure Delay on the DL850?
The DL series instruments are capable of measuring the delay between traces or the delay between channels. The measured output value can be displayed in either time or degree.
To setup the DL850 to measure delay, follow the listed procedures:
- Press Measure » Measure Mode ON using the soft key
- Press the Measure Setup soft key and select the Source Trace
- Press the Delay Setup soft key to display the setup menu
- Use the Jog Shuttle/Arrow keys to navigate to Mode and select either Time or Degree
- Set the Polarity of the edge you want to detect to rising or falling
- Set which Edge Count you wish to use as the start of the measurement point
- Set the Reference to either Trace or Trigger
- Press ESC
Please download the attached PDF file for a detailed example of how to measure delay.
Note: For non-triggered ROLL Mode with a T/Div ≥ 100 ms/Div, you will need to press STOP to display the delay measurement.