EVALUATING ACTIVE FILTERS
The active filter converts the input current waveform to a sine wave and synchronizes with input voltage waveform. The filter is designed to reduce harmonic components and make the power factor close to unitity. Waveform observations of input current and switching circuits are made when debugging at design stage. Checking temperature drift caused by input current. Harmonic analysis and THD calculation of the input current waveform to ensure compliance with IEC regulations.
Performance required from power meter
- Test and evaluate the performance of the active filter by voltage and current waveform measurement, and calculations of power values
- Accurate measurement of distorted waveforms and harmonic measurement function
- Calculations of total efficiency with multiple inputs configuration
- Confirmation of performance in a circuit operation through waveform observation
- The PZ4000 performs the functions of three instruments. Waveform observation, value display and harmonic measurements are performed in one instrument, saving the user test and evaluation time, cost and space for many instruments. The measuring results are highly reliable because the numeric calculations are based on the waveform data.
- You can input signals without using isolated amplifiers or current sensors. This reduces error of such accessories.