AQ6370D TELECOM OPTICAL SPECTRUM ANALYZER 600 - 1700 NM
The AQ6370D is the latest iteration of the most popular Telecom class OSA from Yokogawa. It offers a versatile wavelength range of 600 nm to 1700 nm ideally suited for both Telecommunications and general purpose applications. The unique free space input design allows testing of both DWDM class singlemode and VCSEL sourced multi-mode fibers in one single model.
Newly added functions include data logging, gate sampling,resolution calibration, an advanced marker function and an enhanced auto-sweep mode.
World-Class Optical Performance
- Wavelength range: 600 to 1700nm
- High wavelength accuracy: ±0.01nm
- High wavelength resolution: 0.02nm
- Wide dynamic range: 78dB typ.
- Wide level range: +20 to -90dBm
- Fast measurement: 0.2 sec. (100nm span)
- Applicable to single-mode and multimode fibers
Standard and High-Performance ModelsThere are two models available, Standard and High performance. The High performance model provides even higher wavelength accuracy and dynamic range.
High wavelength resolution: 0.02nm
High Wavelength Accuracy: ±0.01nm
- High performance model: ±0.01nm (C band)
- Standard model: ±0.02nm (C+L band)
|Wavelength Range||Standard (-10)||High Performance (-20)|
|1520 to 1580 nm
1580 to 1620 nm
1450 to 1520 nm
Ultra-High Dynamic Range: 78dB typ.With the reduced stray-light in the monochromator, AQ6370D achieves ultra-high dynamic range of typ. 78dB.
|Standard (-10)||High Performance (-20)|
|Peak± 1.0 nm
Peak± 0.4 nm
Peak± 0.2 nm
|73 dB (Typ.78dB)
64 dB (Typ.70dB)
50 dB (Typ.55dB)
|*Resolution setting 0.05 nm|
Peak ±1.0nm, Resolution setting 0.05 nm,
High dynamic mode: ON, High performance model
Sharper Filter Edge
The high performance model can also achieve a higher dynamic range within 0.2nm of the peak wavelength. With the sharper spectral characteristics of the monochromator, spectral signals in close proximity can be separated clearly and measured accurately.
|Standard (-10)||High Performance (-20)|
|Peak± 0.2 nm
Peak± 0.1 nm
|58 dB (Typ.60dB)
45 dB (Typ.50dB)
|*Resolution setting 0.02 nm|
Stray-light suppression ratio: 80dB typ.
|Standard (AQ6370D-10)||High Performance (AQ6370D-20)|
|73dB||76dB (Typ. 80dB)|
|*Resolution setting 0.1nm|
Example of the stray-light suppression ratio
High dynamic mode: ON, Resolution setting 0.1 nm, High performance model
Wide Level Range: +20DBm to -90dBm
The AQ6370D can measure high power sources such as optical amplifiers and pump lasers for Raman amplifiers, and very weak optical signals as well. Measurement sensitivity can be chosen from seven categories according to test applications and measurement speed requirements.
- Improved level sensitivity: -85dBm (1000 to 1300nm)
- Smoothing Function - Reduce noise on the measured spectrum
- High dynamic mode - Obtain a better dynamic range by reducing the influence of stray-light, which is caused when the input is a strong optical signal.
Free Space Input
- Multimode and single mode fiber on the same OSA. AQ6370D's low insertion loss for multimode fiber is also beneficial to maintain the excellent measurement efficiency.
- Small insertion loss variation at the input connector increases measurement repeatability.
- No damage connecting fibers because there is no physical contact.
- APC level correction The APC level correction function corrects the level offset caused by an insertion loss of angled PC connector.
Fast Sweep: 0.2sec./100nm
With an advanced monochromator, faster electrical circuits, and noise reduction techniques, the AQ6370D achieves fast measurement speed even when measuring a steep spectrum from DFB-LD or DWDM signals, or when measuring a low power signal from a broadband light source.
Fast Remote Interface (Ethernet, GP-IB)
Wide Span Sweep yet High ResolutionThe 50,001 data sampling points expands measurement range in a single sweep while keeping a high wavelength resolution. This makes your measurement easier and more efficient than conventional systems.
Easy OperationTrace Zooming
- Change display conditions, such as center wavelength and span, by clicking and dragging the mouse.
- Enlarge your area of interest instantly and move it at will.
- Front panel operation proven intuitive and easy to use by our many of users.
- Even easier with a mouse.
- The keyboard helps enter labels and file names.
Easy Data Handling
- USB Storage USB interfaces support large-capacity removable memory and hard disk drives.
- 512MB Internal Memory for over 20,000 traces
- All-at-Once Trace Filing All seven traces can be saved in one file at once.
Data Logging FunctionThe Data Logging function records analysis results such as WDM analysis (OSNR, optical signal/noise ratio), distributed feedback laser diode (DFB-LD) analysis, and multi-peak measurements at up to 10,000 points per channel with time stamps. Recorded data can be displayed in table and graphical forms. This function is useful for the long-term stability testing and temperature cycle testing of systems and devices. The optical spectrum of each measurement can also be stored for reviewing and troubleshooting.
Example of the data logging display
Advanced marker functionThe Advanced Marker function adds markers to obtain the power density and the integrated power of a designated spectrum. This new feature makes it easy to get an OSNR value of the signal, whether modulated or not, directly from its spectrum.
Example of the advanced marker
Gate sampling functionThe Gate Sampling function facilitates the recirculating loop testing of optical transmission systems. Using an external gate signal, the AQ6370D obtains the optical spectrum of the signal which is passing through a certain loop. The advantage of this approach is its speed compared with the conventional External Trigger or Sweep Enable function.
Resolution calibration functionThe Resolution Calibration function is used to calibrate the noise equivalent bandwidth with an external light source. With this new feature, the measurements of power density of a broad spectrum light source will be more accurate
Various Analysis Functions
7 Indvidual Traces
- Simultaneous multi-trace display
- Calculation between traces (subtraction between traces)
- Max/Min hold
for popular applications, such as:
- Spectral width analysis
- WDM (OSNR) analysis
- WDM-NF (EDFA) analysis
- DFB-LD analysis
- FP-LD analysis
- LED analysis
- SMSR analysis
- Various filter analysis
- With the macro programming, multiple analyses can be combined and executed automatically.
Building Automated Test SystemMacro Programming
- Build a simple auto-measurement system without an external controller.
- Easy to create test program by recording the user's actual key strokes and parameter selections.
- GP-IB, RS-232, and Ethernet (10/100Base-T) interfaces
- Improve the testing throughput of test systems by the fast measurement, command processing, and data transfer speed.
- SCPI compatible commands and AQ6317 Emulation Mode
- LabVIEW® Driver available
Easy to Keep Accurate
Ambient condition change, vibration and shock to an optical precision product, like an optical spectrum analyzer, will effect the optical components, and eventually degrade optical performance. Using standard functions, AQ6370D can maintain its high optical performance within a couple of minutes so that you can quickly start a measurement.
- Built-in wavelength reference source AQ6370D comes equipped with a wavelength reference source for the wavelength calibration and optical alignment.
- Wavelength calibration function Automatically calibrates with the built-in wavelength reference or an external light source, to ensure the wavelength accuracy.
- Optical alignment function Automatically aligns the optical path in the monochromator using the built-in source to maintain high performance.
ApplicationsAQ6370D's overall high performance can cover not only manufacturing of optical devices and optical transmission systems but also research and development, and a variety of other applications.
- Optical active devices Laser diode/Fiber laser/Optical amplifier/Optical transceiver
- Optical passive devices Filter/FBG/AWG/WSS/ROADM/Optical fiber
- Optical transmission equipment (DWDM, CWDM)
- Development support of Applied photonics equipment
OSNR Measurement on DWDM System
AQ6370D's wide close-in dynamic range allows accurate OSNR measurement of DWDM transmission systems (up to 50 GHz spacing). The built-in WDM analysis function analyzes the measured waveform and shows peak wavelength, peak level and OSNR of WDM signals up to 1024 channels simultaneously.
Optical Amplifier (EDFA) Measurement
The ASE interpolation method is used to measure gain, NF, and key parameters for optical fiber amplifier evaluation. With WDM-NF analysis function, up to 1024 channels of multiplexed signals can simultaneously be tested. An ASE level for NF measurements is calculated by using a curve-fit function for each WDM channel.
|Bulletin AQ6370SR-20EN||External Link||Download|
|AQ6370D-Applications||Redefining Optical Spectrum Measurement Excellence||Learn More|
|AQ6370 Viewer||Dedicated Viewer for Quick and Effortless Optical Spectrum Measurement Analysis||y-Link|
The 735383-A001 and A002 are unique adapters that reduces the numerical aperture (NA) of a connected fiber to half and is only applicable to the free space optical input structure on the Yokogawa AQ6370 series optical spectrum analyzers