These days people are talking about the problem of energy depletion, and the industry is turning more and more toward stricter energy savings policies and the use of renewable energy. In Japan, development on photovoltaic power and other alternative energies is stepping up to cut back on the greenhouse gas CO2. For the power generated from these alternative sources, the WT500 can measure the power consumption associated with buying power from, or selling power back to the grid, and is able to display data on both "bought" and "sold" power simultaneously.
Measuring Power Bought and Sold Power via Power Conditions
WT500 Display Formats and Settings
|You can calculate watt hours of both bought and sold power. You can measure a day's worth of watt hours that fluctuates every data update rate, and easily graph the results in Excel and other programs.
One day's power consumption and photovoltaic power generation
If the power consumed at a residence is greater than the photovoltaicaly generated amount, power is purchased from the power grid ("bought power"). Or, if the power generated is greater than the consumed amount, power can be sold back to the grid.
|Measure the voltage, current, power and harmonic (THD) data
||Observing fluctuations in the sold/bought power trend display
- Sold/Bought power measurement
- Harmonics and THD Measurement
- Measurement of I/O efficiency of power conditioner
- Large current Measurement
- Observing fluctuations in the voltage, current, and power
- Bought and sold watt hours can be observed simultaneously on a single unit
- Harmonics (DC-50th order) and Total harmonic distortion (THD) can be measured.
- Calculate I/O efficiency for power conditioner
- Large current direct input: 40-Arms
- Observing fluctuations in the voltage, current, and power trend display