OPTICAL TEST EQUIPMENT
Optical test equipment or optical measuring instruments are used to measure and characterize the physical properties of light. The insatiable demand for higher capacity in communication networks has fueled the need for highly precise optical test solutions. In addition, precision optical measurements are essential to optical research applications for biophotonics, environmental sensing, and consumer products.
R&D engineers, academic researchers, manufacturing engineers, and field service personnel depend on precision optical test equipment to ensure design and performance specifications, production quality, and network health. For more than thirty years, Yokogawa (formerly Ando) has delivered quality, consistency, ease of use, and market leadership for optical test applications.
An Optical Spectrum Analyzer (or OSA) is a precision instrument designed to measure and display the distribution of power of an optical source over a specified wavelength span. An OSA trace displays power in the vertical scale and the wavelength in the horizontal scale.
- AQ6374 Wide Range Optical Spectrum Analyzer 350 – 1750 nm
- AQ6376 Three Micron Optical Spectrum Analyzer 1500 - 3400 nm
- AQ6375B Long Wavelength Optical Spectrum Analyzer 1200 - 2400 nm
- AQ6373B Visible Wavelength Optical Spectrum Analyzer 350 - 1200 nm
- AQ6370D Telecom Optical Spectrum Analyzer 600 - 1700 nm
- AQ6370 Viewer
An optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) is a precision instrument used to locate events or faults along a fiber link, typically within an optical communications network.
A modular test platform with a wide selection of modules allows optimal configuration of test solutions for optical component and network systems manufacturing.
- AQ2212 Frame Controller (9 Slots)
- AQ2211 Frame Controller (3 Slots)
- AQ2200-651 SG Module
- AQ2200-642 Transceiver I/F Module
- AQ2200-421 Optical Switch Module (1 x 2/2 x 2)
- AQ2200-412 Optical Switch Module (1 x 16)
- AQ2200-411 Optical Switch Module (1 x 4/1 x 8)
- AQ2200-342 Dual Attenuator Module (with built-in OPM)
- AQ2200-331 Optical Attenuator module (with a built-in OPM)
- AQ2200-311A Optical Attenuator Module
- AQ2200-215 Sensor module (high Power up to +30dBm, 970 to 1660 nm)
- AQ2200-221 Sensor module (Dual channel, long wavelength)
- AQ2200-131/132 Grid TLS Module (C/L band, 1-channel / 2-channel)
A compact portable light source and optical power meter are crucial tools to test and verify that insertion losses are within specifications in fiber links deployed by cable TV, enterprise, service provider, carrier, Ethernet and FTTH networks.