Switching for up to 50 channels
The 7501 has five rear-panel slots for relay card insertion, enabling it to handle swithcing for up to 50 channels (with five cards installed). This makes it ideal for multi-point measurement systems, for everything from semiconductor and electrical/electronic parts testing to temperature distribution measurements. Also, digital I/O card can be inserted into the slots.Relay card (4 types) and digital I/O card
The 7501 can be fitted with 4 different types of relay card to enable it handle a wide range of applications: general-purpose multiplexer, thermocouple multiplexer, general-purpos actuator, and general-purpose matrix. These make it simple to make multi-point measurements of temperature, or of electrical quantities such as voltage and resistance. Linearity evaluation of A/D converter and D/A converter is possible using digital I/O cards, which can read/write digital signals. Moreover, by combining these cards you can also use a single 7501 like multiple scanner units.Two SCAN modes
Either of two SCAN modes can be selected to meet the requirements of your application.
Convenient memory functions
- CHANNEL mode (CHAN): In CHANNEL mode, the each channels are scanned in succession from the first (starting) to the last (ending) channel. The scan first and last channels can be freely settable. During scanning in CHANNEL mode, each of the scanned switches turns ON one at a time.
- PROGRAM mode (PRGM): In PROGRAM mode, scanning can be done in whatever sequence the user programs. During scanning in PROGRAM mode, and desired number of switches can be turned ON at the same time.
- Internal memory: Programs up to 100 steps long, together with control parameters such as scan interval, number of times to repeatthe scan sequence, and so on can be stored. Since this memory is supported by battery backup, the memory contents are retained even with power OFF.
- IC memory card: If you use IC memory cards too, you can save the internal memory contents onto the cards -up to eight program & parameter sets per card (using a 64K bytes card)- and be able to call up different switching patterns quickly whenever you want them. Since these IC memory cards are the same as those used for YOKOGAWA intruments such as the 7560 Series DMM, the 7563 Digital Thermometer, and 7651 Programmable DC Source, you can even store data from other instruments on a single card.
- GP-IB (standard): GPIB provides bi-directional communication capabilities for powerful support in systems applications. As a listener function, the 7501 allows external control of all its functions (except power ON/OFF), and as a talker function, outputs date and time, switch statuses and program and parameters to the outside.
- Remote control: For remote control, the 7501 supports two signals: a TRIG input (scan advances one to next channel or next step on each trigger), and CLOSED output (output as an external relay ON signal).
- EXTEND: The EXTEND function allows you to connect some 7501 scanners together. In this way, you can extend the number of channels up to 100 with two units, 200 with four units, and so on, so that even large-scale systems can be handled using the 7501.
- Extensive set of user-definable control parameters: The 7501 provides a full set of parameters that you can set up to control its operation. These include: first channel/last channel, first step/last step, step interval/scan interval, scan count N, and delay. By varying these parameters, you can define a wide range of switching patterns.
- Numerous convenient functions: Auto scan/single scan, skip function, pair function, direct access function, clock function.